If you like or make any of these meals, share with your friends and hashtag on Facebook or Instagram #Olivetreenutrition
Egg Based Dishes (Add a side of fruit with each)
- Scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese in a whole wheat wrap
- Egg mcmuffin sandwich (fried egg with avocado and tomato slices on English muffin)
- Two boiled eggs with whole wheat toast
- Vegetable omelet with whole wheat toast or hash browns
- High fibre cereal (5 g fiber per serving) with sliced banana and strawberries with 1 cup 1% milk
- Steel cut oats prepared with milk. Add blueberries, almonds, flaxseed
- Fool (fava beans) or dal (lentils) with vegetables, one whole wheat pita bread
- Try “avocado toast”- mash 1 avocado and 1 can chickpeas. Add 2 tbsp cilantro, ½ lemon, dash of salt. Mix together and spread onto toasted bread.
- Hummus with pita bread and vegetable sticks. 1 cup milk and dried dates.
- Tuna salad (mix 1 can tuna, celery, onion, lettuce, 1 tbsp light mayo). Spread onto toasted bread.
- Mexican bean salad (1 can black beans, 1 can corn, diced tomato, cilantro, 1 avocado diced, 1 lemon. Add tsp of cumin, chili powder, dash of salt, olive oil). Serve with pita chips.
- Pasta salad (add chickpeas or tuna with cut up vegetables. Mix ½ cup greek yogurt with 2 tbsp mayo and ½ lemon for the dressing).
- 2 whole wheat pancakes with 2 tbsp peanut butter, strawberries, glass of milk.
- Lentil soup, whole wheat crackers, fruit.
- Quinoa salad (cooked quinoa, parsley, tomato, cucumber, carrots, lemon, olive oil, dash of salt). Complete meal with fruit.
- Whole wheat French toast (dip whole wheat bread into a mixture of eggs, milk and cinnamon, then cook bread slices on skillet). Enjoy with berries and 1 glass milk.
- Barley salad (cooked barley, mushroom, spinach, onion, feta and walnuts)
- Whole grain bread with nut butter and bananas
- Make a parfait! Mix Greek yogurt, granola, fruit and nuts
- Try overnight oats (the night before mix ½ c oats, ½ cup yogurt, ½ cup milk, honey and fruit)
- Baked oatmeal dish (Mix oats, eggs, milk, b.powder, fruit and bake)
- Smoothie- blend banana, oats, peanut butter, dates, milk
If you wake up last minute, have 1 glass milk, 3 dates and ¼ cup nuts.