Hi, I’m Rahaf!
I’m a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Diabetes Educator and own Olive Tree Nutrition, which is my private practice and blog. It is inspired by my Mediterranean Middle Eastern roots and the Mediterranean Eating Pattern. A few things about me: I love local coffee shops, nature walks, photography, traveling, and inspiring people to live a healthy lifestyle.
I help women nourish their body and find joy and peace in eating by developing a healthy relationship with food and themselves. I love working with women who have busy lives and families and want realistic, sustainable solutions that work!
Health is complex and no two people are the same. That’s why nutrition counseling is customized to you. I take a holistic approach because health is more than nutrition. Our mental health, social health, and physical health are all important to our well-being!
My nutrition philosophy is simple: I don’t believe in fad diets and encourage you to eat real foods to nourish your body. I also inspire you to cook a little more, follow a Mediterranean lifestyle, and take one extra step each day towards wellness.
My practice is guided by intuitive eating and developing a healthy relationship with food and your body. I believe in working together to find an individualistic plan that fits within your lifestyle, schedule and goals.
Why Olive Tree Nutrition?
Olive Tree Nutrition is inspired by the Mediterranean diet and eating pattern. Growing up in a Middle Eastern household there was no shortage of olives and olive oil. Our main meals centered around vegetables. Over and over again the Mediterranean diet has been associated with many health benefits. This eating pattern also focuses on social connectedness and enjoying food, which is a component of my mindful eating coaching philosophy.
The olive tree is a symbol of courage, strength, perseverance and health. The roots of the olive tree represent the foundation of our health; food, water, and self-care are nourishment; and branches are the different paths we each take on our journey to health. We all need the courage and perseverance to take charge of our health and produce the abundance of fruit for years to come.
Education and Credentials
- BASc in Food and Nutrition from Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
- Dietetic Internship from University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
- Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Diabetes Educator, Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board
- Licensed Dietitian, State of Georgia
Professional Membership and Volunteer Positions
- Media Spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2017-Present
- Georgia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Board Member Secretary, 2019-2021
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs, Board Member Nominating Committee 2020-2021
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of the Georgia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of Dietitian Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Member of Diabetes Care and Education Dietetic Practice Group
Now About You!
I also specialize in prenatal nutrition, suporting women with thier fertility, pregnancy, or gestational diabetes journey.
My clients are looking for support and guidance to reach their goals that work for their unique schedule. They are busy women with families and want realistic solutions that work!